Learn more about services and resources for women veterans!
In Honor of Women Veterans Appreciation Day
We invite all women who are currently serving or have served in the U.S. Military, including Guard and Reserves, to the Women Veterans Stand Down event on June 11th. The Stand Down will be hosted at multiple sites throughout Illinois and via Zoom (See Registration Form for more details).
Workshops will be held from 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm. They are focused on the needs of women veterans, including education, employment, healthcare, housing and legal services. Attendees may choose to attend both sessions.
Complimentary breakfast will be provided before the 9am morning session and a complimentary lunch at 12pm. Dr. Martha Erb, Rear Admiral (retired), will be our Guest Speaker during lunch.
Attendees will hear from the following organizations:
- AF-LAN Legal Services
- Black Alliance of Colleges and Employers (BACE)
- Cook County Veterans
- DePaul University Multi-Faith Veteran Initiative
- Illinois Department of Employment Services (IDES)
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs Women Veterans Program
- Intimate Partner Violence Prevention
- National Able Network
- National Women Veterans United
- Road Home Program at Rush
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- VITAL Program at Jesse Brown
- Women’s Health Services (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)