The Chicago Bears and MillerCoors have partnered with the Road Home Program – The Center for Veterans and Their Families at Rush University Medical Center to generously offer 350 military and veteran families a FREE Thanksgiving basket, which includes a frozen turkey, canned and box sides, as well as a gift card to use at Jewel-Osco.
During the event, veterans will have a chance to meet Bears Alumni Players as well as front office staff, and there will be photo opportunities.
Date and Time
Thu, November 17, 2016
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM CST
1340 South Canal Street
Chicago, IL 60607
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DETAILS CAREFULLY
***A VOUCHER IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP THE THANKSGIVING BASKET – ONE VOUCHER PER FAMILY.***
If you sign up for more than one voucher (same name and/or email), duplicate vouchers will be deleted without notice. If you are a case worker who will be signing up for clients through your agency, you must contact me in via the link on this page in advance.
You will be required to show your PRINTED voucher and a photo ID that MATCHES the name on the voucher to collect a basket. The ticket is NOT TRANSFERRABLE.
To register, you must be an Armed Forces veteran or currently serving (Active, Reserve, Guard).
1) Registration is ONLY through Eventbrite.
2) There are two sessions for the event, so please sign up for the slot you plan on attending; there will be check-in lists at each session. You may only sign up for one session.
3) You may arrive at any time during the session, but you can only attend the session for which you are registered.
4) Each basket is designed to serve a family of four.
5) The event is on 11/17, but all of the items are either frozen or shelf stable, so they can be used for Thanksgiving.
6) There will be photographers at the event, so if you do not want your photo used, please let us know; signing up for the event is consent for photography unless you notify Road Home Program staff
Have questions about Giving Thanks for Veterans: Chicago Bears & MillerCoors Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway 5:30-7:00pm? Contact Road Home Program at Rush University Medical Center
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available for free at Jewel. The CTA Roosevelt stop is 4 blocks directly east down Roosevelt, and the Roosevelt bus stops a half block north of Jewel. Be advised, however, the basket weighs 20+ lbs, so driving is the suggested method of transportation.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Questions will only be taken by using the “Contact the Organizer” link on this event page.