The Women Veteran’s Center is located at:
Illinois Community Women Veteran’s Center (ICWVC)
7907 South Racine Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60620
Office – (872) 731-2150
Fax – (872) 244-8517
Our goals for the IL Community Women Veteran’s Center are specific:
- Providing immediate assistance for women veterans with special emphasis on at risk and homeless women veterans until they are attached to a long term service provider and ensure they are safe when dislocated, at risk or homeless.
- Encourage enrollment in VA Health Care Systems.
- Provide Peer to Peer support to assist women veterans who may be challenged with mental health issues of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Military Sexual Trauma (MST) to develop or reinforce coping skills.
- Provide Financial Literacy Training.
- Implement Domestic Violence Training.
- Intensify smaller programs where more intimate one on one entrepreneurship training will better prepare and deliver the tools needed to successfully accomplish the creation of small businesses, because in Illinois women veteran businesses are low in numbers.
- Develop mentoring programs with community girls by lending our leadership skills and the unique experiences of our members who have great achievements in various careers with a focus to thwart violent behavior, strengthen civility and empower them with moral values and citizenship.
We are proud of what we do, who we do it for and why we do it and we thank the MacArthur Foundation staff who made this opportunity possible. All services, assistance or participation are FREE. You are invited to come and share veteran information or receive information.