- This event has passed.
Hepatitis C Virus Public Health Outreach Event
May 9 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
The Student Veterans Center cordially invites you to our Hepatitis C Virus Public Health
Outreach Event Wednesday, May 9, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Prairie State College ATOC Room 120
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) infection incidence increased by 294% from 2010 to 2015 due largely to the opioid epidemic. Young veterans have been caught up in the opioid epidemic that is the driving force of the sharp increase in the Hepatitis C Virus transmission. There is an urgent need to stop the VCV-associated transmission and mortality due to opioid use disorder among veterans.
Outreach Event will focus on
- Protecting yourself and family from HCV infection
- Preventing opioid use disorder and accessing recovery programs
- Sharing experience with guest veterans who were cured of HCV and have recovered from opioid use disorder/addiction
- Opioid use disorder care coordination
- Distribution of information material on HCV/Opioid prevention
Presenter: Dr. Ola Bamgbose, MD/MPH, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, Vice President, Vanoltta Consulting, Inc.
Refreshments will be provided RSVP to email@example.com
For more information, contact Georges Sanon, firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 709-3567