The Chicago Botanic Garden Veteran Internship Program is a transitional employment program for military service members who have completed their commitment and are ready to reintegrate into civilian life. This is a 14-week, part-time position. Interns will be placed in various departments at the Garden. Duties, physical requirements, and hours of work will depend on intern placement.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Be an enthusiastic and positive contributor to program cohort.
- Represent the program cohort in a positive light on and off the Chicago Botanic Garden grounds.
- Assist with duties assigned by area supervisor.
- Complete program curriculum.
- Complete individual employment plan.
- Be at least 18 years old with a valid Illinois ID card or driver’s license.
- Be able to provide documentation of veteran status.
- Commit to monthly employment check-ins for 6 months after completing internship program.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have college experience.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.